Training Contractors, Consultants, and Interns
When it comes to training your contractors, consultants, and interns, there is certain core content that is critical to include in a comprehensive training program to prevent child sexual abuse effectively.
Here are some elements that should be included as you select/adapt your training program for this audience:
- Written, signed acknowledgement forms from consultants, contractors, and interns hired by your organization regarding adherence to your policies upon the start of any formal relationship, regardless of contact level with children/youth.
- If the consultants/contractors and interns hired by the organization are likely to have unsupervised contact or possible unsupervised contact with children/youth, training we describe for Volunteers should be included.
- Verification from the parent company that contractors, vendors, and other service providers engaged by, but not employed by your organization, have received appropriate screening and training.
- Similar verification should be considered for organizations allowed to rent or utilize organization facilities or space for use with children/youth they will bring onto the property.
View More in Training View All
Build Your Prevention Toolkit
Customize child sexual abuse prevention guidelines to meet the unique needs of your organization.
- Research-based guidance
- Actionable prevention steps
- Comprehensive, customizable method
- Adaptable for YSOs of every kind