Community Engagement: Intentionality and Health Equity
Home / Join the Community / Community Engagement: Intentionality and Health Equity
Building authentic community engagement in sexual and domestic violence prevention is an important aspect in building safe, healthy, and equitable communities. Community engagement allows the lived experiences and knowledge of community members to guide and drive solutions, and gives insight into the conditions in which community members live, work, and play. Engagement strategies that advance health equity are intentional in who is engaged, how they are engaged, and to what end they are engaged.
Join PreventConnect and Human Impact Partners for a discussion about the connections between structural inequities, violence prevention, and community engagement.
- Build foundational knowledge around community engagement frameworks
- Examine and address barriers to community engagement within the sexual and intimate partner violence prevention field
- Uplift examples of partnerships between public health and community organizers for violence prevention
May 16, 2022, 2:00 – 3:30pm EST. Register here.
Trainings View All
Build Your Prevention Toolkit
Customize child sexual abuse prevention guidelines to meet the unique needs of your organization.
- Research-based guidance
- Actionable prevention steps
- Comprehensive, customizable method
- Adaptable for YSOs of every kind