Responding and Preventing the Perpetration of Sexual Misconduct
Home / Join the Community / Responding and Preventing the Perpetration of Sexual Misconduct
Responding and Preventing the Perpetration of Sexual Misconduct hosted by MASOC
This one-day event brings together nationally recognized speakers focusing on preventing first time perpetration of sexual misconduct as well as the variety of responses to a report of sexual misconduct.
Over the course of the day, we will provide an overview of what is known and not known about the students who engage in sexually problematic and abusive behaviors from multiple perspectives. The conference will cover:
1) Trends in sexual behaviors and how to understand the students engaged in them;
2) Innovations in campus perpetration prevention strategies and reintegration strategies;
3) Implications for culturally responsive care for all students impacted;
4) Best practices for collecting information about perpetration; and
5) Responses focused on students accused or found responsible for sexual misconduct as well as a framework with examples of restorative justice innovations.
Conference Learning Objectives:
- Describe key risk factors and protective factors for sexual misconduct perpetration.
- Identify innovative alternative resolutions now available on college and university campuses
- Assess prevention opportunities on a particular campus and identify potential changes
June 7, 2023, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm EST. Register here.
Trainings View All
Access your Toolkit
Customize child sexual abuse prevention guidelines to meet the unique needs of any organization.
- Research-based guidance
- Actionable prevention steps
- Comprehensive, customizable method
- Adaptable for YSOs of every kind